Plans are shaping up for the 50th reunion for Wakefield High School's class of 1969! Mark your calendars and hold the dates to join us this fall in Arlington, VA, the weekend of Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29, 2019. Here's what we'll be doing:
Saturday, September 28, 2019
• Tours of the new Wakefield High School (new building opened in 2013, same location but new address: 1325 S. Dinwiddie St., Arlington)
• 4 to 6 pm: Happy hour at Freddie's Beach Bar & Restaurant on S. 23rdSt., Arlington (classmate Freddie Lutz's restaurant).
Sunday September 29, 2019
• Brunch or lunch: Plan a small group gathering with classmates from an athletic team, student government organization, music or dance group, service club, theater production, or other Wakefield activity.
[Volunteers are needed to organize - contact Jeanie and Marilyn for help connecting with members of your group; tables can be reserved at Federico Ristorante Italiano (Freddie Lutz's newest restaurant).]
• 7 too 11 pm: Official reunion dinner at Army Navy Country Club in Arlington, including dinner, dancing, and music provided by fellow alums!
• Ritz Carlton Pentagon City: a block of rooms is reserved for reunion attendees for two nights, September 28 and 29, at a reduced rate of $159 per night plus tax (parking additional); many other hotels are also nearby.
All events are no charge or pay individually at the location, except for the Sunday night official dinner; we have not yet determined our costs but expect the price will be under $100 per person. Look for more details in March, when ticket sales will begin!
We're also working on two other projects in conjunction with our big reunion:
(1) Compiling classmates' contact info and notable events from the last five decades, and
(2) Encouraging class gifts to the Wakefield Education Foundation, an all-volunteer organization that funds scholarships for Wakefield graduates (the group also provides invaluable assistance to alumni reunion efforts by maintaining class web pages and contact lists). For more info, see the website: www.wakefieldalumni.org/wef.html.
If you are in touch with classmates who may not have provided contact info (email address especially) please encourage them to send it soon to the class email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Want to volunteer? Contact Jeanie Walls Knisely and Marilyn Holmes at the class email address (email@example.com).
See you in September!
JOHN ALAMI DONALD P BISHOP SHERRY A BRESSETTE MCARTHUR JUDITH F CAMPBELL THOMAS F COOK TIMOTHY CURTIS GAIL M FELTER SANDRA K GILLESPIE JOHN ALLEN HARGROVE PAMELA R HAWKE CHERYL ANITRESS HILL HERBERT L JOHNSON MYRA LYNN LAMBERT ANN ARCHER LUPTON MARGAURITE V MAYO JAMES J MEDINA SCOTT NEWMAN BILL PHILLIPS SUZANNE RICHARD LARRY O SMITH ELINOR A TERRY STEPHEN T VON ABLE SHERRYL J WILLETTE