Wakefield students have always been creative in mischief. Here is a partial list of how seniors showed their creative nature.
• released 800 live crickets in an opening of school assembly
• had all of the seniors check out five books from the library and then return them the same hour
• took control of the PA system and played the little rascals theme song everyday for a week
• placed over fifty real estate for sale signs in the point at school
• got a cow on the second floor
• made a 20 foot circular aquarium on the Senior Lobby floor out of plastic wrap and boards
• brought alarm clocks, put them in your lockers and set them to go off at the same time
• elected Jake the Wonder Goat as homecoming king
• some how, put tires over the flag pole
• "borrowed" a life-size gorilla, from a home in the area and put it on the roof at school
• borrowed the Big Boy from the restaurant on Columbia Pike and placed him on the roof
• put rabbits in Miss Baylor's office where they left droppings on her new carpet
• filled Vic Blue's office with newspapers, fish, and many other items
• slowly stole all the silverware out of the cafeteria and then planted them in the senior court with the tines pointed upward
• had a streaker run down the hall
• filled one whole hall with pictures of Victoria Secret models with the face of the principal
• put a VW on the 2nd floor
The Wakefield Fight Song
Matt Munsey 96 ran across this during Marching Band season his senior year (fall 1995) while going through the old copies of the fight song sheet music. It was dated 1959, and nobody seems to know the words now - learn them right here!
Wakefield your Warriors will always be true, For you we'll fight and spread your glory through, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Come, let us sing out the Wakefield battle cry, With thunder clubs and tomahawks We'll make your name and spread your fame, Wakefield we're all for you!
Dave Cook '59 also came across the original of this theme, with a change in the last line, in the 1958 Starstone Wakefield yearbook (Volume IV).
Wakefield your Warriors will always be true, For you we'll fight and spread your glory through, FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! Come, let us sing out the Wakefield battle cry, With thunder clubs and tomahawks We'll make your name and spread your fame, And spread your glory too!
Want to make a Scholarship contribution?